Third Squad Detectives report the arrest of a New Hyde Park man for Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance that occurred on Sunday, April 14, 2019 at 3:30 pm in Westbury.
According to detectives, Bureau of Special Operations officers observed defendant, holding a glass pipe to his mouth while parked in a 2016 Volkswagen Jetta, in the rear of 900 Merchants Concourse. Officers approached the vehicle and observed the defendant attempt to conceal the glass pipe along with an orange pill bottle containing a clear rock like substance believed to be Crystallized Methamphetamine. During the investigation, defendant was found to be in possession of multiple orange pill bottles with labels ripped off, containing the following narcotics:
- 228 white round pills believed to be Methadone Hydrochloride
- 31 small round white pills believed to be Zolpiderm Tartrate
- 29 orange oval pills believed to be Amphetamine and Dextroamphetamine
- 11 yellow plastic capsule pills believed to be Temazepam
- 8 green rectangular pills believed to be Xanax
- 6 round white pills believed to be Zolpiderm Tartrate
- 2 clear packages containing patches believed to be Fentanyl Transdermal system
Defendant is being charged with ten counts of Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance 7th Degree, and one count of Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance 3rd Degree.